Monday, February 2, 2009

The Best Eight Dollars I Ever Spent

Hess Station Moment

This image was taken from the hip, so to speak, with my Olympus 28mm F/3.5 lens adapted to my Canon 40D. I got this little beauty of a lens for $8 on ebay. It's a fantastic lens. Wonderful sharpness, color, and contrast. Yesterday's post was with this lens too. It's so small and light, it's like using a different camera. And it has enormous depth of field. Focused to infinity, I think it's good from about 7 feet out. It's my favorite lens for street photography.

It's 28mm focal length on the 1.6 crop body is equivalent to 45mm on a full frame. Just a tad wider than the traditional "normal" lens. It just feels right. It looks right. It's quickly become one of my very favorite lenses.

What's yours?

No comments: