Friday, April 8, 2011

Olympus PEN EE

These images were made with my recently acquired Olympus PEN EE and expired Kodak Gold 100 film. I ask my lab to develop only; no cut, no print; then I capture digitally with a makeshift film stage, a flash and diffuser, and my Canon 40D with the 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.  The PEN is a half frame camera; I capture two half frames in each shot with the Canon. Some I left together, I thought they made nice diptychs that way. I could, of course, rotate my macro lens 90 degrees, and get more pixels on each image; perhaps for the next roll.

It's a fun little camera to use, built like a tank and quite heavy for it's size. I'm hoping for finer results with some non-expired film ( I currently have a roll of Foma b&w in it, which is also expired, but only by a little), but I thought these shots had a certain charm to them.

Posted via email from Bill's posterous

No comments: